Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Crayola Washable Markers

I finally got up the nerve to use these markers.  Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo before I quilted.  However, I think you can see the marks because I didn't hit all of them.  lol.

It is a small, utilatarian quilt. Here are the results of that portion.  Finished project coming soon.

Marked and Stitched

Markers Washed Out
They suggested the markers be washed out as soon as possible. Therefore, I washed them out immediately after this white thread quilting.

4 comments:

Michigoose said...

Wow, Ann! I have never tried this...I think partly because Meg thought she'd put on green "lipstick" and I had a heck of a time washing out the "washable marker" on her face. I found that the color of the marker varied in its ability to wash off things....not sure about how much the acid/oils in her skin would have affected it.

Great job! Lisa

Judys Fiber Art said...

I had thought about these markers. Wondered if they could be used on fabric. I also wondered about using them for face painting.

Nancy said...

Great. Thanks for posting.Very helpful to know. Nancy

Gloria said...

Thanks for sharing this information. I've seen these markers but never thought to try them for marking a quilt. Guess it would be best to use on a small quilt that you're going to quilt and wash right away.