Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fleece Backed Comfort Quilt

Fleece Backed Comfort Quilt
Because it is so very soft, I decided to try fleece as a quilt backing.  I had finished piecing a Christmas Comfort Quilt; now I was ready to quilt the layers together.  The more I fiddled with the fleece, the more I decided to try using it first on a piece of cheater fabric that I originally purchased to use as a quilt back.  Good choice!  I hated working with the fleece.  I got a LOT of loops on the back and thread breakage.  Making this quilt tidy was a big chore.

If you use fleece as a backing, what is the secret to avoid the problems I encountered?  Not sure I want to try this again.



1 comment:

Michigoose said...

I think part of it may be taking it slowly and not using a batting. Did you use a batting with it? My friends have great luck with it..and while I've got the fleece and intend to do this...it's just one of those things I've never gotten around to!

Lisa