Thursday, November 10, 2011

Scrappy Christmas Comfort Quilt

Scrappy Christmas Comfort Quilt

This year my guild is having a 6" square exchange at each Meeting.  It began in October with Christmas theme fabric.  After putting all my fabric through a wash-dry cycle, I cut my squares all down to 5.5" to eliminate variations in cutting.  Of course I had to add some more fabric.  However, once this is bound [by another guild member since it is painful for me to do handwork], I hope it will bring a little JOY to someone in need this holiday season.  The guild was told that there is a lot of extra need through the holiday season because of auto accidents, fires, and other tragedies.  It always give me a lot of JOY to be able to do this small thing.  I am hoping I can make one charity quilt a month.

1 comment:

Laura Krasinski said...

I just love this.. you did a beautiful job...