Monday, January 30, 2012

Comfort Quilt for January 2012

Comfort Quilt for January 2012

This is my charity quilt for the month.  I have made 14 more of these panels, so look for more later this year.  This one will go into my local guilds charity stash.  The way our gift quilt works is that someone brings a large basket or two of quilts for the recipient to pick from.  Hope mine gets picked quickly.

Strawberry Panel


Sweet Corn Panel


Sweet Pea Panel

My quilting was just to make lots of loops and swirls for the background, then casually quilt around the objects in the panels.

7 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

That fabric is a blast from my past! I've never come across anyone else who has them. What a fun quilt.

Lisa Quintana said...

I am sure it will be picked quickly ! It's great!

alice said...

Nice job! Great use of panels. Do you make a charity quilt every month?

Robin said...

How fun is that? Great job.

norma said...

I'm sure it will be picked quickly. It is so pretty.

ann said...

Yes Alice, My personal goal this year [my quilting year runs October-September], is to make one quilt for charity each month.

ann said...

Hi Sherrie,
What did you do with your panels? I bought these at a charity sale from someone whose quilting mother died and she needed to get rid of all her stuff. All the money she got went to help support nurses in a hospital in Kenya that is in need of much help. Great cause! So of course everyone bid a lot.