Sunday, October 7, 2012

BOM as a Pillow

BOM = Basket as a 16" Pillow
 
Quiltart has just been asking if quilt artists also make traditional quilts.  It prompted me to finally finish a BOM from last year. I started as a quilt artist.  However, I love all quilts.  When my guild asked who wanted to do Block of the Month [BOM], I quickly raised my hand.  This project allowed me to learn 12 new blocks.  It was a challenge.  Many ended up in the 'reuse' bag before I got a good one. Many needed fixing OR didn't fit in the final lap quilt. 
 
 
This basket was too big to fit the quilt.  I finally added some borders to make a 16" square pillow.
 
I also feel that traditional blocks can still have the 'hand of the maker'.  My finished lap quilt is not the usual setting.
 

4 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Very lovely pillow.

FIBREARTS ALLIANCE, CANADA said...

Hi Ann...

This is a truly beautiful pillow and a wonderful use of your art skills. The pillow has become a valued addition to your home and no longer langusihing in the pile waiting....just awesome.
Bethany

Marti said...

Nice job, Ann!

norma said...

I loved the quilt and now you have this beautiful pillow to accompany it. What a great idea.