Monday, January 28, 2013

Altered Pattern Fleece Jacket


Back Side View

Front View

Original Pattern

I bought this pattern because I liked the back view and the front scarf look.  I wanted long sleeves, so I added them.  I also made the front straight with no gathers. Instead of the gathered portion in the back attached directly to the top, I added a small band, lined with cotton to give it more stability + style.

I haven't sewn from a pattern in many many many years.  I am totally glad this is done.  I got bored with it very soon.  I also do not enjoy sewing fleece. 

Glad this is done and ready to travel to Florida in case of a chilly night. 

This is seventy, number 3.

7 comments:

Lisa Quintana said...

Nicely done and it will look great on you. I especially liked that you left off the flounces...I'm not much of a one for flounces and ruffles.

yarngoddess said...

Nice adjustments to the design. I bet the color is very pretty on you.

Juanita Yeager said...

The nights are not that cool, especially for someone from the North, to old time Floridians, anything below 60 is cold to them. I would however suggest that you keep the jacket handy for eating in resturants where they keep the air conditioner in the sub zero range...:)

Marti said...

Ann,you are so talented! How about a picture of the back?

norma said...

Very nice, Ann. I made two fleece jackets a couple of years ago and ended up hating them and they went to Good Will. I also did not like sewing on the fleece. You had much better luck that I did.

Andrine said...

Beautiful - I don't think you will need it in Florida but on the plane and traveling back and forth it would be a good layer. Alex I love the color.

Andrine said...

Beautiful - I don't think you will need it in Florida but on the plane and traveling back and forth it would be a good layer. Alex I love the color.