Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jungle Tote

Jungle Tote
 
I got this piece of heavy fabric on the 'Free Table' at my Guild Meeting many months ago.  As I was looking for fabric for children's quilts, I found it.  The fabric is a heavy, coarse weave cotton.  Not suitable for any type of quilt.  Needing yet another grocery tote, I made this.
 
The tote has a pocket in the out side plus another pocket inside.  The inside pocket has a slot for a pen or pencil.  The other portion is big enough for my bill fold.  In theory, I could just put my bill fold inside, my list outside and be ready for shopping.  This is attractive enough that I will take it to other stores besides the grocery.  Thus saving on plastic bags.  YEAH for the environment!
 
This is seventy, number 10
For more information on "seventy", please see the post below.
 
 

6 comments:

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

I love it, Ann!

Fran Wessel said...

Very cool, and cute too.

Marit said...

This is beautiful!

Funky Diva said...

Linda, I love the fabric and colors. Super cute and sure to be fun to take for groceries or other places. Maggie

Funky Diva said...

Sorry Ann, I can't believe I made that mistake of starting out my comment with Linda's name instead of saying Ann. I am brain tired after a long car ride home from San Francisco yesterday. Maggie

Cathy Perlmutter said...

Absolutely love it! I have a lot of vintage fabric that I need to turn into totes - thanks for the inspiration!