Monday, March 4, 2013

Bed Quilt for a Girl

Bed Quilt for a Girl
60" x 84"
 
I had the top pieced in January.  Because I was having horrible tension problems with my longarm, I just stalled on the quilting.  Saturday, I spent the better part of the day trying to find the tension and missed stitching problem.  Turns out they were both connected.  I had inserted the needle so that the hole pointed at 35 minutes.  It is best at 25; 30 will work fine. At 35, the thread snags and the stitches do not always get picked up.  Because I decided to clean my machine thoroughly, oil it and of course insert a new needle, everything got off.  Quilting is nothing special.  I like a very lightly quilted quilt for a bed.  It is much warmer.  Because of all the frustrations, I should name this quilt, "Done".
 
The photo was taken in my new studio, which is still in process.  This is the only place where I had the room to pin up this quilt because of the size.  That is a saw horse loaded with wood in the lower right.  I still think you can get a good idea of the design.
 
This is seventy, number 13.
 
For more information on "seventy", please see the post below.
 
 
 

5 comments:

Katherine McNeese said...

love the variation in size of the squaresL WELL DONE!

yarngoddess said...

Wow, it looks great!

Cathy Perlmutter said...

Brilliant. Simple but sophisticated.

Fran Wessel said...

Love this look. Maybe you would adopt me, then I could have one.:)

Funky Diva said...

Designer Ann, I love this quilt. I think the different size squares look great. It may have been a hassel to finish, but well worth it.