Saturday, June 22, 2013

Fabric Name Tags

Individual Unique Name Tags
 
My lovely Quaker Meeting has name tags that are not popular because they hang around the neck.  Besides that, many forget to wear them.  I decided I would like to make a special name tag for each individual.  I got a huge book of fabric samples.  Once washed and dried, I took them to Meeting and let people pick which fabric they would like.  I deliver this, my first batch, tomorrow.  Hope they will be worn. 
 
I first made one for myself a few years ago.  I put a pin on the back. Also, I put a lot of trims on it.  I got tired of the 'fancy' stuff very quickly.  Besides that, many times I did not want to put a pin through what I was wearing.  Finally, it came to me to just copy  the idea that was used at work.  I find the clip easy to put on most any fabric with NO harm to the fabric.
 
This is seventy numbers 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, and 35.
 
 
For more information on "seventy", please see the post below.
 
 
 
PS. Seventy number 23 was some dish clothes.  Seventy number 24 was my entry for Houston.

No comments: