Saturday, September 21, 2013

Eleven Totes/Bags


Close Up of one Bag
 
 
Eleven Totes or Bags
 
A month ago I had the opportunity to acquire a bunch of outdoor upholstery sample fabrics.  All are woven checks or plaids.  Love the variety of colors.  Felt inspired to make some totes. After 3, I had enough of that.  Then I started creating Messenger Bags.  After a few, I started making them smaller.  I was having fun until I hit bag 10.  By this time, I was bored.  After forcing myself to sew up the rest of the fabric today, I felt a sense of relief coupled with the enjoyment of looking at all of these wonderfully vibrant bags.  Because the fabric is meant for outdoor use, they are water resistant. Not water proof, but the water does flow off.  I think they would be GREAT for travel.  To me they look like spring, so I may wait to unveil them in my studio until then.  For now I wanted to post because I have completed my "70" self challenge.
 
 
These are seventy number 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, and 78.
 
For more information on "seventy", please see the post below.
 

7 comments:

jyafiberarts.blogspot.com said...

This looks like a rainbow of creativity to me! Great job! Challenge met!

Norma Schlager said...

Really cute and congratulations on reaching your goal.

Diana said...

I hope you enjoy your whole birthday month!
It is a perfect time to celebrate all you have become; and plan for what you will be in the many years you have ahead of you.
Blessings for your next trip around the sun!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY - SEPTEMBER 2013

yarngoddess said...

Oh, well done and happy birthday!
Diane

Cathy Perlmutter said...

What fun! The bags look great! Happy Birthday!

Dina said...

Well done! Keep us up to date on how 70 is going.

Marilyn Wall said...

They look great and would be fun to carry. I know what you mean about being tired of them after a while. That's what making something over and over does for you.