Monday, September 9, 2013

Farm Theme Chemo Quilt

Farm Theme Chemo Quilt
40" x 60"
 
This pattern has become my favorite for comfort quilts.  It can be made in any size as long as the large square is twice the finished size of the finished small square. I made my squares 4" and 8" to produce a 20" finished square.  These size squares give me lots of opportunity to use leftover bits along with my square.  Of course I also like to use the center block for a texture square.  This time it is the sparkling blue corduroy.  I only use cotton in my chemo quilts so that I do not have to worry about a bad reaction to any chemical in man made fabric.
 
 
detail 1
 
That cow on the middle left really has an attitude.  Have to admit, I really like that one the best.
 

detail 2
 
The quilt didn't seem to have the vibrant punch I like in this type of quilt so I added the wild flannel backing plus the matching cotton striped fabric to give it a bit of a boost in the bright scale.
 
 
Favorite Charity Block
 
This can be made in any size as long as the finished size of the large block is twice the size of the finished size of the small block.  So many ways to play with these squares. Of course the large square could also be multiples.
 
 
This is seventy number 67.
 
For more information on "seventy", please see the post below.
 
 
 
More toward my seventy goal.
 
Two More Name Tags
 
These are seventy number 65 and 66.
 

1 comment:

Cathy Perlmutter said...

Wonderful project, Ann. Do you give the quilts to a particular charity? The block is terrific - simple but complicated-looking!