Thursday, February 27, 2014

Chemo Quilts =3 NEW


I used the same easy pattern for each quilt.  However, they are very different from each other.  Also, the cotton flannel backs add to the interest, warmth and cuddle factor.  Each child gets to choose his/her own quilt.  My aim is to create something comforting for a child during the difficult time of chemo therapy.  All Chemo quilts are 40" x 60".  I use 4" and 8" squares to make a 20" block.  I cut up left over fabric, put it in a box, then when I am creating a Chemo quilt, I have some odd pieces to add to the interest.

Chemo Quilt with lots of TEXTURE


Chemo Quilt with lots of TEXTURE detail

Chemo Quilt - CATS

Chemo Quilt - CATS detail

Chemo Quilt - Morgandy fabric

While shopping with her Mom, Morgandy picked out a packet of five fabrics that she liked.  At 4 1/2, she wanted me to make something for myself.  After a discussion about how she liked the fabrics a lot, we decided it would be nice to use them for a quilt for a sick child.  My thinking is that if she like these fabrics, so might another little girl.

All of the Chemo Quilts go to a Pediatric Oncology Center here in Maine.  Unfortunately, there is a growing need because of the increase in cancer.  The sun that has less atmosphere to travel through before it reaches our bodies, air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat are getting polluted by varies means.  We need to care for our planet, if we want healthy people.

2 comments:

yarngoddess said...

All of them are very appealing and heart warming.
Thanks for sharing.
Diane

Cathy Perlmutter said...

These are great! I spent the last two days cutting 8 1/2" and 4" squares for charity quilts. But I'm not sure who to donate them to. To where do you give your chemo quilts? Wonderful job, they're fun and stylish!