Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back of Door Storage Thing

Sometimes it is relaxing to just sit at the machine and sew. I've needed storage for winter stuff since 1996. I've never seen what I wanted in stores. I've really looked! Finally this week, after creating more UFO's than anything else, I decided I needed to take some time and MAKE the storage I wanted and needed. This is the result. I think it will suit my needs nicely. Since I live in an 1850 house, closets were never even imagined. I would have loved one next to my side door entry [the only one anyone uses], but I needed my washer and dryer more. LOL!




3 comments:

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Ann, this is so cool ... and even attractive too! Makes me want to get in there and make one for myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jo Rice said...

I really relate to your statement, sometimes it nice to just sit and sew. That's what I've been doing all day today! Made a bag out of a pair of shorts and have been sewing little pieces together making a "willy-nilly" quiltlet. These colors all seem to like each other and don't care how I put them together.
LOVE YOUR DOOR POCKETS. Great idea!
I'm glad you are better.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Great idea....

Shirley