Nothing seemed to go right. Somehow I had made it 3" too short. Therefore I added a strip to the top. Because this is a sloped ceiling, I did special vertical quilting in the top section so that it would go higher than the support rod. Unfortunately, I did one of those "what was I thinking" things, I attached the top of the hanging strips, before I quilted the top. That made quilting the top really tedious [had to go around those pieces] and the quilting is not very regular. I would go larger or smaller to work around the attachments. But finally it was done.
Done is good!
Day View Drapery Closed
The best news, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! If I had known how much I would like it and how warm it keeps the wall, I think I would have finished it earlier. If you are thinking about making something like this, please persevere. It is definitely worth it.
This winter I quickly put together a support for the drapery over the hot water baseboard heat. Instant supports are made from odd pieces of wood and braced with tea boxes screwed into the sides. I had to either to make something to hold the quilt above the baseboard heat or close the heat at night. Options are nice. This works GREAT!