Monday, March 11, 2019

the Energy Coalition


The Energy Coalition speaks for itself.

This is for the 6th Thomas Edison National Historical Park Art Exhibit.  The theme is "Building on the Past to Meet the Future".  

Once I found out that the Solar Wind has enough energy to provide for all our planet's needs, I conceptualized how we might put it to good use.  This energy would only be available for Peaceful Nations.  Unfortunately, it does not look like our nation would qualify at this time.  I was born at the end of WWII.  It seems as if we have been involved in some war ever since.  Will we ever have PEACE?

The fabric medium is totally new to me.  It is called evolon, a trademarked name for a non-woven microfiber canvas.  I had wanted to use water colors, but of course that is one medium that does not work on this fabric.  Instead, I used fabric markers.  At 2' square, I burnt out my yellows.  If you are a print maker, you might want to try this.  I only had the one piece for this project, so no time to experiment.

No comments: