Sunday, May 29, 2011

BOM = Basket 2

Basket 2

This is my very first time doing this sort of thing.    Haven't ever made a traditional quilt.  Of course instead of my blocks being 12" square, mine will be all different sizes.  The dark purple on the edge is the sheeting [extra] that I use on my bed.    I'm thinking it would be nice to have a lap quilt for the cool winter evenings which we seem to experience a lot here in Maine.

Since I my local guild is very traditional, it is soo much fun to participate in one of the guild activities.   It will be very interesting to see how I put all of these odd size blocks together.

2 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

I am not much of a traditional quilter and find piecing very difficult. But I do love seeing those beautiful bed quilts.

Anonymous said...

I've made a couple of quilts in years past with different size blocks. They received lots of compliments. I think they looked more interesting than those I'd made where all the blocks were the same size. Hope you share your finished quilts with the QA group.