Thursday, May 5, 2011

Funding Ovarian Cancer Research through Quilt Donations

What an opportunity!    The MD Anderson Cancer Center has openings for quilters to donate quilts that are auctioned to raise money for research.   This was too good an offer for me to pass up.  Last winter I lost a Friend to this disease.   Following are my gifts.  


15 Pears

My Apricot Tree

Psychedelic Mushrooms

Lace

Although the deadline for this year's on-line auction is past, they do accept quilts at any time. Some will go to Houston, which is where I found out about this. So if you are like me, making challenge quilts that have no venue attached OR have an urge to help a very worth while cause [gynecological cancers have a very low survival rate because they are now very hard to detect until the later stages], please consider this venue.

If you would like more information, please check out this site 
http://www.mdanderson.org/how-you-can-help/community-events/ovarian-quilt-project/index.html

No comments: