I started the top below and another similar one in 2013. This quilt was developed from some of the 'reminder posts' I make, then post around my house. I decided I would really like my 'reminders' in fabric rather than the paper or the sanded wood scraps that I usually use. I know I posted it. However, I can not find it on my blog. The point is: I liked some parts of it, but not the whole. It has languished around since then. In April, I decided to take it apart, and re-make it.
The 2013 Version
Saving the bits I like + adding the 'Connect'.
My Method of Working
The Final Final Quilt
I finished the 'Final Quilt' just in time to enter it in Houston. I wanted to make it small enough to enter the 24" and smaller Art Quilt category. I do not think it fits in any other category? Unfortunately, for me it did not get it. That version had the edges faced.
I decided I would like to try binding, using some of the same fabrics I used in the quilt. I got almost half way through with that, when I realized I was on the wrong path. Now the side edges are cotton velveteen, the top edge is a heavy, dull fabric while the bottom is more trim over a thin black binding.
The Final Final Quilt, detail
When the year started, I aimed to make an art quilt a month. Medical issues + other responsibilities interfered. Although I did spend over 500 hours on this tiny quilt. WAAAY toooo much time. I need to find a better + faster way to get these done the way I want them to look. Sometimes it is a difficult struggle to get the image in my mind sewn up the way I envision it.
In my quilt count, this is my April Quilt.
I've been nibbling away at the other 'word' quilt. I've been quilting on it off and on while I finished this little one. Hopefully, I'll finish it this month at the latest. Two weeks is my goal.