Sunday, February 17, 2013

Flower with Beaded Center

Flower with Beaded Center
4" x 6"
 
I have just joined the FAT [Fiber Art Traders] so that I can make and trade post cards.  This is my first post card.  I altered a photo with paint, fabric markers and fabric crayons.  I then padded the petals in the same manner as I did for "Nine Patch in White".  The depth does not show much in the photo.  It is subtle, but it is a technique I want to explore in more little pieces of fiber art.
 
Depth View
 
If you look closely, it is possible to see some raised petals and of course the mixture of colored beads.
 
 
Seventy, number 7

4 comments:

Marti said...

Ann, this is gorgeous - the colors are very dramatic!

Anonymous said...

I really like this and the size. Please tell what you mean when you wrote you altered a photo. The whole work is fabric, yes? Was the photo printed on the fabric or did you take inspiration from the photo?

Andrine said...

I really like this piece. I am bead freak.

ann said...

I printed the photo on fabric. Then I used fabric markers, fabric sticks and fabric paint to alter the background.