This year I decided I needed to get those bags of fleece out of the way. Fleece takes up a lot of room. I would have to overlap the pieces. Someone suggested I try to lap the stretch grain with the non-stretch grain. That was a good suggestion which I tried to follow. After quilt #2, I decided to just use the fleece alone.
Cutting this stuff straight is a BIG challenge on the stretch grain. The fleece ruffles and wiggles and seems to have a mind of its own. The blade will often bounce, catch, and jump. Cutting with the non-stretch grain is a lot easier; only have to deal with the curling. I cut rectangles and squares from all of the rest of the fleece in the pile. Then I sewed the pieces into strips 36" long. That length will become the width. It is easier to work with that length than longer because I just laid the pieces out on my cutting board. I have actually finished that process with the rest of the pieces, so the quilts should be coming in a bunch very soon.
Although I am happy with this result. I would not ever recommend anyone work with this stuff on a regular sewing machine. Someone said a serger would be easier. Not sure it would solve the stretching problems.
For all of us puzzle addicts, I picked a challenging cut because the quilt is so simple. ENJOY!