Sunday, March 3, 2013

Little Treasures

 

Little Treasures
small: 2" x 2.5", large: 2.25" x 3"
 
I rarely use a pattern to make something decorative.  However, when I was going through my files, I found this pattern.  It is from Quilting Arts Magazine, winter 2005.  This particular information was on a special sheet called "Little Treasures by Carol Fletcher".
 
Part of the instructions said to not zigzag the edges, just straight stitch close by.  My take used gold fabric on the outside, brocade on the inside and a patterned stitch in 3 layers around the edges and solid on the pulls.  I used a multicolored metallic thread.  The colors are not very accurate in that the gold does not seem to show.  I think this method makes a very sleek little gift box.
 
 
Little Treasure opened
 
This is seventy, number 11 & 12.
 
For more information on "seventy", please see the post below.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Marti said...

I love these Ann, and I remember seeing these little treasures in that mag! Small boxes, containers are so intriguing.